Reducing Procedure Execution Risk
- Corrective – something broke
- Preventive – you don’t want something to break
- Conditional – you reached a milestone; miles, cycles, time, vibration, temperature, etc.…
- Risk – you need to make sure it will work when you need it
As well as any type of environment from CAR Seal Checks to maintenance relighting a boiler in the facility.
Capture Experienced Staff Knowledge
We created a very easy to use tool to solve large problems that we have experienced in the operation and maintenance of facilities.
Procedure Creation & Enhancement
Procedures are created through easy-to-use interface in a browser usually by copying and pasting text for each step of a procedure from an existing written procedure.
Once the steps are copied into an OpScope procedure, steps can be enhanced using mobile device in the field while performing the procedure or walking through it.
- Add specific location using GPS function in the mobile device
- Record equipment images
- Record QR tags on devices
- Record video instruction
Recording video instruction live at the device enables extremely valuable knowledge capture from experienced staff while they are doing the procedure.
Device & Location Confirmation
If you search through the reports available from the Chemical Safety Board, you will notice that human errors including operating the wrong device on the wrong piece of equipment happens.
By reading a QR tag on the device and verifying that your mobile device is in the right area provides improved confirmation that you have the right device in hand.
- QR codes are easy to create and scan to verify that you have the right device in hand
- QR code scan approval can be a permissive to advance to the next step
- Location maps, equipment images, and drawings are all designed to add context to the procedure to ensure the step is executed correctly on the right equipment
Situational & Historical Awareness
OpScope has a dashboard that provides real-time situational awareness of all active procedures throughout an organization.
- Fast procedures might indicate personnel taking short cuts,
- Slow procedures might indicate a problem with the procedure or equipment
Permissives & Confirmation Failure
Each procedural step can include a QR code to verify that the procedure is enacted on the correct device. By placement QR code tags on the equipment designated in the procedure, the procedure step would require the QR code to be scanned by the device the procedure was checked out on prior to advancing the step, thereby verifying that the step is actually done on the correct equipment.
The system records the device identity the procedure was checked out on.
By recording the procedural work step by step, you can further analyze effort looking for ways to be more efficient and reduce delays in accomplishing needed tasks. If the same step always takes longer than the procedure predicts, then decisions can be made to adjust the time requirement or look for ways to optimize the step like “presaging equipment, tools, or additional personnel”.
- Car Seal is similar to lock out tag out, but deliberately different
- Lock out tag out focus is on personnel safety from a variety of hazards
- Car seal specifically focuses on dangerous material in containment
In OpScope, management of the Bypass of Field Devices
- List all devices that can cause bypass of SIS
- Mark devices and P&IDs and add to car-seal list
- Perform regular inspection of car-sealed device
- Step execution is controlled and permissive-based
- Scan QR codes for each device during the step to check it
Use location (and/or device image) to verify
Complete step and move to next
Integrated Safety Suite
Kenexis Software runs on our secure cloud servers and is accessed by any licensed user on any computer or tablet through a standard browser. The unique architecture ensures that your software is always available and up to date with the latest performance metrics and resource databases.
Our Process Safety Training Center is also integrated with the software on the Integrated Safety Suite so you can learn how to use the software, learn theory, and process safety engineering all in one place.
Our solution makes it easy for a licensed user to share project information with others including contracts, EPCs, and to leverage Kenexis process safety engineers for project assistance, outsourcing, and verification and certification of your analyses.
- Compatibility with most browsers in most operating systems
- Training Center is part of the Integrated Safety Suite
- Extensive standard and custom equipment databases
- Detailed technical documentation and help
- Dedicated help desk and support
In addition to the Support page, there are several training courses on our Integrated Safety Suite. You can request trial license above to gain access to the training.
Once you have access to the trial and Log In, you will find a “Training” button to access the classes.
The software classes above are no charge.
There are also theory and practice classes that require an annual training subscription. Click on Training to learn more about all the online training available.
Trial Request & Pricing
Trial Request is not available through our normal automatic method. Use the Contact Kenexis section below to request a trial.
Download the app at no cost from your app store for cell phones and tablets by searching for OpScope or Kenexis.
OpScope is licensed differently than that other software in the Integrated Safety Suite. OpScope is licensed based on the number of procedures you intend to put into the software at a site. Additional licenses can be purchased for the site in any of the three quantities as required if you find you need more than the original number of procedures.
10 procedure site license is $500 USD
50 procedure site license is $2,250 USD
100 procedure site license is $4,000 USD
Use the Contact Kenexis link at the top right of this page to request a proposal.