Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) are flexible and effective tools for safeguarding process plants. SIS can be configured in many ways to meet a variety of process goals and performance targets.
Kenexis helps our clients to utilize Safety Instrumented Systems by assisting in the design, verification and ongoing mechanical integrity programs.
Services includes risk-based establishment of Safety Integrity Level (SIL), developing Safety Requirement Specifications (SRS), quantitative design Verification (SIL Verification), Test planning and assistance and continuing performance assessment and auditing.
Activities in SIS Engineering:
- Safety Function Definition
- SIL Selection/SIL Determination, using Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- SIL Verification
- Safety Requirements Specifications (SRS) Development
- Maintenance and Testing (Validation) Support
- Functional Safety Assessment